Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ansu Sen


For the past two days I have been interviewing women and children for the new CWSDP website. Five percent of each sold item goes toward supporting local children. CWSDP teams up with sponsors from around the world who pay for monthly tuition for the child, while the 5% from the shop goes towards purchasing other necessary items like books, uniforms, lunch, pens etc. As of right now there are seven sponsored children. Six of whom I have met. I am hoping to feature a few of these children on the new website so that sponsors can directly see how their donations are helping the children.

I have really enjoyed doing this and it has been a good break from being in the shop. Getting the women to be candid and open is really difficult, understandably so. But I have had a blast with the children. I've had somewhat of a stressful week dealing with some things from home and their youthful excitement and simplicity has been a wonderful thing for me to be surrounded by. I had a wonderful interview with this beautiful little girl named Ansu Sen.

Name: Ansu Sen
Age: 7 years old
Siblings: Only child
Favorite color: White
Favorite food: Strawberries and momo!
Future dream: "To be a big teacher"
What makes you most happy?: "If my mother brings me cake."
What makes you feel sad?: "If I don't get an education."
Best friend: Sabita!
If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?: "Australia"
Why?: "I don't know. Once I learned they have kangaroo's there"

No comments:

Post a Comment